Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Prettiest Book

My poor camera needed recharging so the picture is a little fuzzy, but you can see that I have done the seaming on the next sweater. I now just have to do the bands and buttons. After this one is done, I will start in on the grey heather pullover with the cable panel up the center front. I have found a cable that I like in Viking Patterns For Knitting by Elsebeth Lavold. M asked for a Celtic-looking cable.




The book is an old volume printed in 1942. It unfortunately had some strange dye in its red cover that rubbed off on everything, so I asked my daughter, A, to cover it for me. Ever since she was in high school, she covered her books with great skill, and the covers would last the whole school year. We picked out a very nice wrapping paper which she covered with clear contact paper, then covered the book, including labels printed on the computer. Even though the book just slips into the cover and is not harmed in any way, the cover is stationary and strong, not to mention lovely. It feels nice, too, on the hands.


Here is my new sock yarn, purchased at Knitting-By-The-Sea in Carmel. I am intrigued by the Tofutsies because of the interesting fiber content, and the Cleckheaton Cocoon is a suggestion from the lady in the shop. It was in the baby yarn section, but it has 70% Merino wool and 30% nylon and is soft beyond belief. I am going to make the Fiber Trends Leaf Lace Socks for M. I have tried to knit that pattern before, but the yarn was black and was a lot of work for a lace pattern you couldn't even see on the black yarn.


Now I am going to watch Mostly Martha, a DVD I got at the library and work on the sweater bands. This movie looks to be an earlier German version of the new Catherine Zeta Jones movie, No Reservations.

No comments: