Thursday, July 5, 2007

Back at the Knitting Machine

On my first day back at the machine, I planned out a new cardigan for M, seen in the sketch. It will have lace panels on the fronts, deep 'U' neckline in front, and 3/4 length sleeves. I was able to knit the back and one front before we had to go off to the 4th of July BBQ at the brother-in-law's place way out in west county.

These next two days are supposed to be hot hot hot, so I will only be knitting in the morning before the heat gathers strength.




Here is the second front started on the machine. I like to listen to books-on-tape while I knit.


Tuesday, my sister came over and brought the used knitting machine I had gotten for her. She and her husband had been unable to get it to knit, but we oiled it and fixed a bent needle latch, and then it knit like a charm. It is an Elna Standard. I will soon have introduced both sisters and one daughter to machine knitting.






No comments: