Monday, July 30, 2007

Grey Sweater

I have finished the handknit portion of the grey sweater front. Now I can hang the sweater on the knitting machine and do the plain portions, then seam up the front. It will be relaxing to do a pullover and not to have to bother with bands and buttonholes.




I also have started the next pair of socks. I am using Trekking XXL, Color 133. This yarn is surprising me, because somehow I didn't think the color stripes would be so wide. I just liked the color combo in the ball. I am also in the process of setting up the LK150 in the girls' room to try knitting a sock in regular sock yarn. So far I have just used Baby Soft (which has a high nylon content), and that worked well.

While I am at it, I want to put in a rave review for the Brittany wooden cable needles. You can see one of them in the top photo at the bottom of the sweater front. They are little and fatter toward the ends, and are even better than my late lamented wooden cable needle of unknown brand that went walkabout some time ago. I need to go buy a few more sets of these Brittany needles because they are fab.

No comments: