Monday, July 9, 2007

Fuchsia Pink

I have done the back and two sleeves, and I am trying to decide what kind of fronts to do. Plain sweater? Cabled fronts? Crew neck? Decisions, decisions. I am listening to Under Orders, a Dick Francis book, while knitting. I take the sleeves off on knitting needles, visible in the picture, and cast off loosely by hand. This gives me a nice flexible top for seaming. I set the sleeves in with the Japanese method of crocheting a seam. I find that this makes a smooth, attractive seam. I often split the yarn for this so that the seam is less bulky.

I am a little behind in the finishing. I now have two sweaters waiting for seaming and bands, the Fiesta pullover, and the green, lace-panel cardigan. I also have about a bushel of apples waiting to be turned into applesauce, but I am not feeling the apple-peeling vibe. And the peaches are getting ready to be ripe. The older daughter got home from her trip to Disneyland and immediately went into the back room to see if her green sweater was done, but she was doomed to disappointment. Maybe in a week or two.

No comments: