Monday, November 5, 2007

Weekend Knitting

The first husband sock is done. I chose a time when he was watching sports on TV to prop his foot up on the footstool and measure it. He was engrossed in the game, so he probably won't even remember it. This is made from chocolate brown Woolease, which he likes. It is done on Size 4 needles on 52 stitches. I figured that the rib stitch would make any sizing problems moot. It is a real pleasure to knit a sock at a larger gauge because it goes so quickly. I also have some regular sock yarn, also in brown to make more regulation socks in a finer gauge. Pickings are slim for manly colors in socks, I find.

As proof that I really did finish off the other front of the cardigan, here are pictures to prove it. Have no plans to sew it together this week, because I am mostly making socks and wrestling with the Weekender Travel Bag (Amy Butler). Sewing piping into a thick seam is the pits.






No comments: