Thursday, November 22, 2007

Patons Cabled Hoodie

My daughter is home for the holidays and asked to do most of the cooking for Thanksgiving. I am not a fool, so I said 'yes', and now I am taking my ease on Thanksgiving and goofing around instead of peeling potatoes. She also brought one of the sweaters I knit for her about two years ago, so I had her model it while the rolls were baking.


This is the Patons Cabled Hoodie. It is knit in Caron Simply Soft, which is the only yarn we could find with the particular rich dark red color she wanted. It has been in and out of the wash many times and still looks pretty good. The color line across the sweater back is from the light from the window, not mismatching dyelots. This yarn tends to get much softer and drapier with washing and machine drying, so you should not use it for a garment which needs to be very structured. It seems to be holding up well though. At first she was complaining that the sleeves had grown in length very much, but then she remembered that the cuffs were meant to be turned back and all was well.


I am still working on the second tan sock for the spouse, and sewing a lot of Christmas presents.





No comments: