Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Darning Egg

I have a small wooden darning egg on a handle that I use to darn socks and until now, used to help me graft the toes of socks. It seemed a little small for the grafting job, so I set out today to find something better. Here it is, the perfect size, and you really can't beat the price - 99 cents. It is a papier mache ornament meant to be decorated, and I got it in the craft department of Beverly's. I also got a wooden ball the same size in the section that has the wooden cutouts for painting.



Here it is in the sock, and you can see that it will make grafting the toe so much easier. I like to take the stitches off onto waste yarn of a contrasting color, because that works better for me to adjust the tension of the new stitches. In a few minutes, I will have finished the first pair of husband socks.

No comments: