Saturday, October 27, 2007

Needles

My knitting needles span a long time period, maybe up to 75 years or so. Some are Bakelite, some wood, some plastic, most metal. You would think that knitting needles would look the same from generation to generation, but manufacturers have been creative about how they form the unpointed end.


The most peculiar ones I have are these with flattened ends with the size number embossed on them.

These are my favorite needles. I like the conical ends and the smooth feel of the needles. They are size 4 and I use them a lot for knitting ribbings.










These are my very first knitting needles. They are size 5, and were once pale green. I used them to make the doll blanket that was my very first project. I like the way the points bend with use.


And because It's All About The Color, here is a picture of a flower bouquet at the Costco. I just love the colors in these flowers. I should try to transfer this color scheme to a sweater.

No comments: