Thursday, October 25, 2007

Excavation

I had been going through some old boxes in the sewing room when I got distracted while dusting, and these two old old projects turned up. The green one I have almost no memory of starting. It must date back to my time as an instuctor, because the color is very 70's, much more mod than appears in the photo. I don't even know what happened to the rest of the yarn, though I would guess that the spouse has packed it up long ago and stored it in the garage. I would hate to just rip it out and lose all that earnest pattern knitting, so maybe I will sew it into a cushion. It certainly is green. Wait, it just might match M's current bedspread, so I should definitely make a cushion.





Here's the booklet that was in the box with the green sweater back. I do like the cardigan pattern, so my taste hasn't changed over the years.



The pinky striped yarn I do remember. I was knitting a vest, but somehow the project got put away until it no longer fit. I looked it over (still love the colors), and it does not seem to have any moth damage at all. I will rip it all out and make a scarf or hat or both. I found the instruction sheet, too, and the yarn is Unger Nine Color Yarn.





I really should dust the sewing room more often.

No comments: