Thursday, April 19, 2007

No Dye Lot



I finished the purple sweater. I had bought an extra skein of yarn because I had changed the design to 3/4-length sleeves, and the yarn wrapper said 'no dye lot". The first 3 skeins were purchased a year or so ago. Well, they exaggerate, because one sleeve is clearly a little different from the rest of the sweater. It is only noticeable in certain lights, and I was only testing the pattern, but still. The raglan design worked out very well. I used the Berroco pattern, Loni, as my template for the raglan. The sleeves are not flat on the top but slope down into the front (I used short rows). It was interesting and really fits well across the shoulders. Next in line is the same raglan pattern with a scoop neck and cardigan front in soft green. May take me awhile to get to it though, because I have to start sewing some summer tops.


Does anyone recognize this baby sweater? This is the famous baby surprise sweater by Elizabeth Zimmerman. It appeared in this issue of Woman's Day Magazine in 1976. The pattern included some cute booties too. I used to cut out all the knitting patterns from magazines and put them in files, since I was training to be a high school home economics teacher. It is fun to get out the old files and look at the patterns from time to time.

No comments: