Monday, April 9, 2007

The Adventure Begins

Today the only knitting things I accomplished were the winding up of several balls of yarn on the big capacity winder I got at Stitches this year. After that arm workout, I did a long gauge swatch in a new yarn, ready to toss it into the washer tomorrow. Once I pull that swatch out of the dryer, I can start drafting up a new pattern, using the same pattern as the blue short-sleeve sweater as the base pattern. I am thinking I will make a 3/4 length sleeve, deep V-neck pullover. I finished knitting the Fiesta pullover, just have to sew it together and do the neck ribbing.

I tried to knit a swatch for the yellow crinkly yarn, Bernat Baby Coordinates, I think it is called, but alas, it is a sport yarn and too small for the bulky machine, so I will have to clean up the girls' room so that I have room to set up the midgauge. I would love to have a room to myself to set up my machines, no wait, I do. It is just a little full of stuff at the moment, like fabric and yarn. Maybe the best thing I can do to encourage my knitting is a big spring cleaning.

No comments: