Wednesday, April 11, 2007

First Sweater




Here is the first sweater I ever made. I was in high school and for my birthday that year I asked for some mohair yarn. Mohair was all the rage that year. I didn't get to have too many 'popular' clothes, since there were six kids in my family and money was tight. I got hand-me-down clothes from my older cousins sometimes, and I learned to sew from my mom and from home ec classes in junior high. The only other trendy item in my wardrobe was a wrap-around skirt I made of blue denim. Wrap around skirts were really cute, with pockets and a tie belt, but though cute, every breeze was a hazard to your dignity. I can't remember how long it took to make the sweater, but I can remember how great I felt wearing it. I still have the magazine the pattern was in, Vogue Knitting.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love, love,love that sweater! It's perfect! I can't believe you made it in high school!

-Audrey