Saturday, January 26, 2008

Progress

I finished the apple green sweater back, and I need to hang another ribbing on the machine. There are certain things you should not put off, or at least I shouldn't, or procrastination sets in. You should rip out the mistake you made and fix it, you should cast on for the second sock when you finish the first, and you should hang the next ribbing piece on the machine as soon as you finish one sweater part.

I have turned the heel on the second Trekking sock, helped by watching DVD's. I watched two Ruth Rendell mysteries, but they did not have satisfactory endings and were depressing, so I think I will skip those in the future. I also watched 'The Island', a science fiction movie, and I was surprised to enjoy it very much. In between sessions of sock knitting, I worked on putting the V-neck pullover together. I have finished the neckband and am now setting in the sleeves and doing the side seams. The yarn used in this sweater is Red Heart Fiesta from my stash, and it has a nice drape and lovely colors. It washes beautifully. This sweater only took 4 skeins of yarn with lots left over. I find that lots of the Red Heart yarns knit up very well on the machine, are economical, come in great colors and they wear very well, in addition to the great benefit of being able to throw them right in the washer and dryer.

It has been so grey here that it is hard to take pictures that don't look dull. I will be glad when the California rainy season is over and spring has sprung. Which reminds me that I still have to send in my seed order.

No comments: