Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Ideas

I am in the middle of making a batch of tortillas, but while the dough is resting, I am pondering my next project. Several of my recent projects have had fancy borders or front panels, so this time I think I am going to make a plain 3/4-sleeve cardigan (the top sketch). I also want to try to make a pullover for M using one of her design sketches, which would have set-in sleeves, fancy borders on sleeves and bottom, and a deep U neckline (bottom sketch). M asked for a narrower sleeve, so I have drafted one out and am interested to try it and see if it works.

My first job is to clear off the knitting machine and oil it. Then I can hang the first ribbing and get started. I am hoping that in the clear-it-off phase, I will find those two sweaters I need to assemble, since they got misplaced during the big Christmas sewing extravaganza.

I have been pleased at how convenient it is to have sweaters with 3/4 sleeves. I am always cooking or doing something messy and somehow my folded up cuffs always seem to fall down. Now I can be warm and neat at the same time.

No comments: