Sunday, June 22, 2008

Retro Knit Friday (On Sunday Morning)!

We have been having very hot weather so I have been concentrating on survival the past few days. When it is 112 degrees in the shade your priorities change. Luckily it is very dry with almost no humidity, so that makes it more bearable. The garden is loving it though.

Today I am showing more designs from the Reynolds booklet dating from the early 60's. The first is a mohair turtleneck pullover knit at 5 sts/inch. It has pockets at the bottom hemline but other than that design feature it is classic in design.

This next sweater strikes a cord of memory. It reminds me of another striped mohair cardigan I helped a customer with in my knitting instructor days since the colors are very similar. Though the model is wearing the sweater like a blouse, there are no buttons or any other fastening on the fronts


Here is mohair in a ribbed pattern stitch and a shawl collar.



Do people really wear sweaters when they are boating or is it just a good photo op? I have never been on a sailboat so I don't know. This sweater has color-blocked sections and a boat neck.


Classic cardigan with texture pattern, cables, and 3/4 sleeves.


Now I am going to go sit in front of the fan and work on the hats. I finished two more hats for the mission which I will show tomorrow, heat permitting.





No comments: