Friday, February 1, 2008

Busy Friday

I decided to clean out the closet in my room today, and this took several morning hours. I cleaned up some dust, threw away some things, donated some things (why was I saving those boots from the late 70's that are a whole size too small now?) then I went out and bought a curtain panel for the closet opening that looks a heck of a lot better than the old sheet that was hanging there as a temporary measure. After that, I walked all the way to the library and back, which took over an hour, and finally, I could rest and knit, and get started on a new pair of socks.

I have had this yarn for awhile, but the first time I tried knitting with it, I hated it. It stuck to the needles and was just horrible. I decided to give it another chance, and cast on using my Knitpicks needles. What a difference! It knits up easily and smoothly, and I am liking it much better. The yarn, Sockotta, is made of cotton, wool, and nylon.

Still sewing together the V-neck sweater, but I hope to finish that this weekend.

No comments: