Monday, December 17, 2012

Purple Cardigan


Yet another plain cardigan with 3/4 sleeves.  This is also Red Heart Supersaver but I have lost the band that tells what color it is, perhaps Medium Purple.  It is a purple that has more red tones, and it is very pretty.  I did have a hard time finding buttons to match this one, too, and ended up having to buy expensive buttons at about $4.50 for a card of three.  Luckily, the buttons were on sale for 50% off that day or the buttons would have cost more than the yarn.

We had a lovely tea party for all the women on my side of the family last Saturday, and one of my sister-in-laws was wearing a pretty black lace sweater top over an emerald turtleneck.  It made me think about knitting a black lace top, but knitting on black, especially lace, is a recipe for madness.  I tried to knit some black lace socks once, and it was horrible trying to see where I was in the pattern.  Maybe it would work in crochet.

No comments: