Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Offline

My computer broke right after Halloween so I spent about 5 weeks with no internet.  It became obvious that the internet can block lots of creativity by using up your time, because during the offline time I made eight sweaters.  I set up the LK150 which had been languishing in a box for a few years, and I learned to really love it.  I started making 3/4-sleeve cardigans in whatever color I liked that day.  I usually knit the ribbing by hand and hang it on the machine for the stockinette stitch knitting.   I made three or four plain cardigans then started trying new techniques.  I also drafted a few new patterns for myself, and after the seventh cardigan, I changed to pullovers and am just about finished with the first one of those. My goal is to have a casual wardrobe of jeans, nice T's, and pretty cardigans.  Lots and lots of pretty cardigans. 

One of the things I've started doing is writing down the techniques that work for me like the way I pick up stitches or handle a garter border so that I don't have to reinvent it every time I try it. 

Now I'm going to try making pretty pullovers to replace my ragged sweatshirts.

No comments: