Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Periwinkle Cardigan Completed

I sewed the buttons on the sweater last Friday, having spent more money on the buttons than on the yarn. I really should have read the JoAnn sales circulars, because a few days later the buttons were on sale for half off. This sweater is made of Red Heart yarn that I had in the stash. It is very warm and cozy to wear and softens up nicely with washing. I love being able to throw the sweater in the washer and dryer. The sweater used about 3 1/2 skeins of the Red Heart Supersaver at a cost of about $8 total for the sweater, not counting the buttons. I am a big fan of Red Heart yarn and am totally impervious to yarn snobbery.
I guess I never took a picture of the apple green cardigan all finished with the buttons on, so here it is: This sweater has been through the washer and dryer a dozen times already and is nice and soft to wear.

I have finished the ribbings for the cafe cardigan and plan to put narrow cables up the front.

No comments: