Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lavender

Both sleeves are now knitted, and I am ready to start the assembly. Of course, I still have to sew together the cafe cardigan, too. Looks like I might have this lavender sweater done by Easter, which would be a great way to guarantee that the weather will warm up, and it will be too hot to wear it. I'm not sure what color to wear with lavender - I have seen it with gray, but that's a bit glum, and M, my fashion advisor, tells me that it looks great with jeans (true). I'm branching out into a color I haven't really worn much.

And as long as we are talking about lavender, here is a sweater I would really like to make. I like the curved V neckline, the 3/4 sleeves, and the texture stitch. I also love the garter borders. This pattern is in the Manos Del Uruguay Cotton Collection 1 booklet.

Hmm, look at that, the model is wearing lavender (though a darker one) with tan-colored slacks. That could be OK, I'll have to try that out.

No comments: