Saturday, March 28, 2009

Monkey

Still trudging through the Monkey socks, but at least I finished one. This yarn is Jarbo Garn Mini Raggi, and if farg means color, it is color 68017. I can't remember where I got this yarn, but probably in Carmel-By-The-Sea.

I am feeling the need to be knitting a plain sock, or one I can just mindlessly knit without having to look at a chart, but I have to finish one more monkey first. In the meantime, A brought home a pair of socks I knit for her a few years ago. She had worn through the sole of the foot up near the toe , and the sole was thin on the other sock, too. She mostly wears these socks around the house without shoes, so I could go ahead and repair them with duplicate stitch without worrying that it would make them feel too thick in shoes. I duplicate stitched a large area at the heels and the toes, and left the instep, which was in good shape, for another day.

The picture below shows the sole of the foot with the duplicate stitch completed. Luckily, I had the leftover yarn in the stash. I think this yarn is Softee Baby, purchased at Michaels.

I used to darn socks a lot as a kid, especially a pair of wool slippers I had that were darned over and over in whatever color I could find, resulting in grey slippers with rainbow soles.

No comments: