Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Out and About

This weekend was the Antique Faire in Pleasanton. I went to this event several years ago and always meant to go again, but could never find out when it was. This year I was more clever and looked it up on the net, only to find that it was only a week away! They hold this fair on the main street in Pleasanton, and there are hundreds of booths full of antiques. Of course, I am only looking for old needlework booklets, but it is fun to look at all the stuff. Here are the items I was able to buy:
A baby book from the late 40's, sock book from the 40's, very early crocheted edging book, and two ladies garment booklets from the early 50's.

























In addition to shopping, I have been knitting the ribbings for a cardigan in rich jewel-tone ruby yarn. The sweater will have to wait until I can get to the knitting machine again, but at least I am ready to start.
I finished one rainbow sock and immediately started the second.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the rainbow sock yarn! What kind is it? Also, I really enjoy seeing your retro patterns.

-Audrey in Freeport, IL

redpajamamama said...

The yarn is Opal #1705. There was only one ball at the yarn store, and when I got it home, M told me that she had designs on it and was going to go back and buy it, but I beat her to it.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

What a great blog this is, so many beautiful pictures! I understand you must get this a lot, but I absolutely fell in love with the outfit on the cover of "Modern needlecraft, special sun and fun issue". I understand you want to keep it, but still wonder if maybe it'd be possible for you to scan or photograph the instructions for the set (of course I'd love to see more inside too...)? I'd be willing to pay you for that, really love that outfit! Sorry to take up you're time, of course I understand if you don't want to do it. Please let me know.

Have a great day,

redpajamamama said...

Elsa, I am glad you like the blog. I have no idea if the magazine is still under copyright protection or not so I can't sell any instructions, but email me and I can send you more pictures of the magazine. It may take awhile though because we are having some construction done on the house and are packing stuff up right now for storage. I'll see if I can find the magazine before it disappears into storage.