Sunday, January 6, 2013

Turquoise V-Neck Pullover

 This pullover was pretty fast to knit and is much more of a turquoise color that didn't show up well in the photo.  I'm trying to replace my collection of worn-out sweatshirts with some nice pullovers to wear around the house, and this is the second one.  The first one was a fuchsia U-neck with lace borders, but I wore it to a tea party, and it just came out of the wash.  I'll have to find it and take pictures of it.
 The closer view shows the V-neckline.  I usually have just one center stitch, but by the time I got to the neckline division, I had an extra stitch from who knows where, so I just incorporated it.  The next picture shows the side seam with the increases and decreases to give it a more fitted shape.  The yarn will calm down and flatten out when I wash it, and the increases and decreases will not show much. This sweater also took three skeins of Red Heart Supersaver at a total cost of about $7.50.  Not having any buttons keeps the cost down, too.
Right now I have the multi-color sweater in progress on the machine.  This is the yarn leftover from the afghan I made, so I thought I would make a very bright, flashy cardigan.  My daughter says that if I hurry up and finish it up, I can wear it to Stitches, and she will be able to see me across the vast market auditorium if we get separated.  It looks like I might not have enough yarn, though, which is how things usually work out for me.  I try to use up extra yarn and end up buying more.
Can you see the cookie tin behind the the center post of the machine?  It was given to me by a friend at the office who was from the Philippines.  It has a circular hole in the top that exactly fits the yarn cakes produced by my yarn winder, and keeps the yarn from moving around while the machine pulls the yarn from the center.  So if you are lucky enough to have Asian or Filipino grocery stores near you, look for this product, because the tin is great, and the cookies are tasty.

1 comment:

allison said...

that's awesome! i just started using my knitting machine and was wondering how to stop it jumping out of the bowl!

:-) thanks!