Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Springtime

The poppies are blooming all around the deck. One year I threw out a packet of seeds, and now they come back every year with no effort on my part.

We are enlarging the vegetable garden this year in spite of the drought talk. Here's the view inside my coldframe with the beginnings of the season growing fast. This year I am going to try growing lettuce in pots inside the frame after all the other starts are planted out. So far I have started cucumbers, winter and summer squash, lettuce, collards, swiss chard, beets, shallots, and sugar snap peas. I try to start something every day. Each flat holds 50 starts.
I am trying to finish up the second sockotta sock this week so I can send it off to A, so I'd better go start a movie and get knitting.

No comments: