Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shibui Socks Started

I am well into the first sock with a yarn I have never used before, Shibui. This yarn is 100% superwash merino and has a lovely hand, soft and lofty. It is very hard to get the color of this sock right in a photo, but it has orange, apple green, aqua, fuchsia, red, and a little purple. It spirals in a very pretty manner around the sock. I am adding some wooly nylon to the heel and toe. After the hard-to-knit Sockotta yarn, this yarn is a real pleasure to work with.

This is color 51301, Spectrum. It was so pretty in the skein that I bought the last two in the yarn shop the minute I saw it, and the yarn shop owner told me it had only arrived in the shop that very day, and she had already sold 5 skeins of it before I got there. I am enjoying Shibui and will no doubt buy more of it in the future.



No comments: