Here is a picture of the Sockotta sock as I approach the toe. This yarn feels a bit harsher than the usual sock yarn because it is made up of cotton, wool, and nylon. At first I found it too hard to knit with my regular needles, but after I switched to the KnitPicks needles, the yarn slid more smoothly and the knitting was easier. These will be a pair of socks for M and should be useful for summer wearing.
The green cardigan is nearly knitted. I still have the second sleeve hanging from the machine and should finish that off today. This will be a plain cardigan with single ribbed bands and a lower neckline. After I finish this garment, I will, of course, start another cardigan, but I am starting another project to knit winter hats for the Bay Area Rescue Mission, a local organization that helps the homeless and poor in this area. I spoke to the good folks at the mission and found out that they need hats for men, women, and children, so there is lots of opportunity for fun in design. I think this will be a better way to use up my extra yarn than the afghan project which left me with more leftovers than before. I am going to use this project to get more experience using the fair isle features on my bulky machine, and I am interested in finding some African designs and colorways to use. I love African fabrics and want to translate them into knitting. Bright colors, warm hats, less stash.