Saturday, April 26, 2014

More Items For The Baby Stash

There has been a little clean up in the sewing room, and I unearthed about five unsewn baby bibs that can be finished off and added to the baby gift stash.  In addition to that, a few sweaters have been finished up.
This was a first design version of a pullover hoodie.  My goal is to use up a lot of leftover yarn scraps.  This version is usable, but the slope of the raglan is too steep and the hood is not tall enough.  The front opening depth is good though.  This was knit entirely on the machine except for the garter stitch border and the ribbing.
 
Here's version two, a success except that the front opening needs to be deeper.   I miscalculated the row count for the opening but it still works.  It just made it impossible to hang the whole hood on the machine at the same time, so there is a seam up the back.  The seed stitch was also done on the machine which is possible but finicky though it didn't take as long as I expected.  I always test the baby sweaters (these are all Size 2) by pulling them over my own head.  If the sweater neck opening is big enough for me, it will certainly work for a toddler.


No comments: