Monday, April 28, 2014

More Baby Sweaters

This little Wonderful Wallaby has been around for about 10 years or so.  I originally made it for a girl at the office but forgot to send it off.  It languished in the sewing room for years before it turned up again.  Now it is in the Baby Gift Box.
I have been tinkering with this pattern to make it doable on the knitting machine since knitting this one by hand.  The dark red sweater in the last post is the pattern I came up with.

This next sweater is also an old old sweater.  I made it back when I was knitting items for a Christmas boutique, and it was supposed to have a zipper up the front.  The front edges had been crocheted to get them ready for sewing the zipper, but I never got around to putting the zipper in.  It seemed to me that the zippers now have a section of plastic with sometimes sharp edges at the corners on the top area of the zipper, and I didn't want that anywhere near a baby's face.  Finally, I ripped out the crochet, which was a finicky and lengthy job, and added a regular button band.
A sweater like this is a good way to use up scraps of yarn when there is not enough of one color for the whole sweater.

No comments: