Monday, April 14, 2014

Baby Gift Box

I've always thought it would be a great idea to have a box of completed baby gifts ready to go for showers or new baby gifts instead of rushing around at the last minute.  I've thought about this idea for at least 20 years and am finally doing something about it.  My daughters are at the age when lots of friends or co-workers are having babies, and it can be expensive to buy all those gifts.  I have lots of leftover yarn, lots of patterns, and a current baby item mojo, so I have started making items for the gift box.  First thing completed was a sweater from the book Kids Kids Kids:

This makes a cute sweater and an interesting knit.  The shape of the sweater is very different before it is assembled, but it all works out in the end.  Next I tried out some baby booties patterns and ended up crocheting some accidentally large footwear:
These were from a pamphlet I have had for years, but ended up big enough for a really large toddler.  I tried another pattern and produced a short, fat bootie that was a frogged failure.  After that, I decided on baby socks and had success:


 There are still three pullovers in the sewing room that need to be sewn together and a cardigan waiting for its buttons.




No comments: