Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tall Latte Started

The Soft Serve sweater is almost done.  I had to go out and buy some clear buttons to put on the back side of the band when I sew on the fashion buttons.  This is a trick I use to keep the band from sagging or pulling.  The sweater looks pretty good and will be finished as soon as I sew on the buttons.


The sweater is on Madame Merp, which isn't the dressform I use to sew for myself, but it's handy for picture taking. I just happened to have the coral shell in my wardrobe.


Below is a view of the border edging, backwards single crochet:


I was so pleased at how this turned out that I started another Doris Chan design, Tall Latte.  I'm changing it a little to make it a cardigan instead of a pullover.  In other words, I wanted a Soft Serve with a V-neckline.


When I'm not working on the new sweater, I try to add a few motifs to the African Flower afghan every day.  I spent one morning trying to figure out how to fill in the spaces between the top motifs and the bottom motifs to make the edges even, and I think I was successful.  I'll show how I did that when I get around to that step.  There are going to be half blocks in the cream color to fill in the sides.


It is incredibly hot here still, but Accuweather says we are due for a cool down which I am certainly looking forward to.

No comments: