Monday, October 15, 2012

Two New Cardigans


This week I have been thinking about UFOs, so this turquoise cardigan turned up in the sewing room.  The lace portions had been hand knitted and were waiting to have the stockinette portions done on the knitting machine.  I managed to get that done in one day, so now it is being sewn together.  I basted it together and tried it on, and so far I think I'm going to like it a lot.  The sleeves are the right length, and the fit is good.


In addition, after the big rip fest, I am almost done with the yoke on the berry-colored Soft Serve cardigan.  Notice the new addition to my library, the Doris Chan Everyday Crochet book that my daughter gave me for my birthday.  I've never had a purple cardigan before, so I am trying to think of ways to wear it and what colors to wear it with.  Because it's all about the color.


1 comment:

Your #1 Daughter said...

The turquoise cardigan looks fabulous! I'm interested to see how it fits, per our conversation re: fitting a bustline correctly, heh.