Thursday, September 27, 2012

One Sleeve Finished

Last week we had some construction going on in the house, so I was staying with my daughter on the peninsula.  I needed a portable craft project so I took the Soft Serve sweater and got a lot done on it.  Today I finished up the first sleeve:
It is surprising me how well the pattern turns out, and I still like this coral color even after looking at it for several weeks.  It's been a long time since I made a crocheted button band on a sweater.  These bands look nice, but they have a tendency to curl up at the ends as shown on the left side, below.
The right side is where the yarn ended, so I wove it into the back of the band at the bottom, and this provided enough extra structure to prevent the curling:
When I finish the second sleeve, I will go back and reinforce the back of the left band.  I think I'm going to like this sweater a lot, and it should get lots of wear.

No comments: