Sunday, August 5, 2012

Out Of The Storage Cupboard

My husband is helping his mom clear out a few storage cupboards because she is downsizing soon.  He brought me some old linens in a bag, and he also brought me this poor unfinished cream-colored afghan.  It was only about half finished and was approximately 36" wide and very long (6 to 8 feet).  I washed it several times and then decided to crochet a border around it and call it finished.  It ended up a good size for a small lap robe or a generous warm shawl.

It looks like the afghan was crocheted with several dyelots of yarn so my border fits right in.  I will have to ask my MIL who crocheted it originally, and I'm glad their work wasn't wasted.  In addition to keeping us warm next winter, it is also a good size to drape over the pillows at the head of the bed.

 I had been planning to make a one-color afghan, but I didn't expect it to take only a few days.  Now I'm eager to show my MIL how it turned out.

No comments: