Saturday, July 14, 2012

Back To Blogger

Well, this is my second entry on the new blogger format, and it certainly is streamlined.  It's been so long since I wrote anything here that I forgot how it worked.  Not sure if I like it yet.  Anyway, I finally finished something, the afghan that has been languishing for many months.

The design idea was to make an afghan with a Latin feeling.  The colors are chili pepper colors with an acid green center.  


The edging idea came from an old McCall's Needlework magazine from the early fifties when lots of fashion had a Spanish influence.  I wanted to have a decorative wrought iron feel to the edging.  The next afghan I crochet will be a single color since this one burned out the desire for weaving in the many yarn ends.  I think I am going to look for a vintage tablecloth or bedspread pattern in one color and adapt it for an afghan.  It will probably be white or cream colored.

Every so often I go to my favorite thrift store and buy some vintage needlework booklets when everything in the store is half off.  These cost me about 12 cents each.  A lot of the classic patterns from the fifties and early sixties are fashionable again, and you can get great design ideas from these old booklets.

I have to admit that this blogger seems easy to use.  If I can figure it out, it must be easy to use.

No comments: