Friday, February 6, 2009

Yellow Cardigan In Progress

Finally got a new cardigan onto the needles. This will be a 3/4-length sleeve cardigan with a lace and cable panel up the front center. I already have knit the bottom ribbings by hand and have started knitting the left front. So far I have had a series of goofs like forgetting to turn the cables and having to drop the stitches and latch them back up, cabling as I went. This was a hassle, but I listened to a book-on-tape mystery while knitting so the time went by faster.
I found the pattern for the lace panel in an old book of mine, though in the book it is presented as an all-over pattern stitch, and I redrafted it as a panel:
Here's my chart for the lace panel. I bordered the panel with purl stitches and a two-stitch cable turned every 10 rows. It is easier to remember to turn the cables if you turn them when the row counter says 5 or 10 or multiples thereof, unless you forget them altogether like I did.

In weather news, it is actually raining out there, and it is, hopefully, snowing in the mountains.

No comments: