Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back Home

We just got back from two business trips, one to Carmel two weeks ago, and just now to Vegas for a tax convention. I went to Knitting-By-The-Sea in Carmel and got the Sockotta and Tofutsies.

We decided to drive all the way to Las Vegas which takes about 10 hours. During the week, while the spouse learned even more wonderful things about taxes, I went shopping. I went to Wooly Wonders on E. Tropicana and another yarn shop whose name I can't remember. I bought (what else) sock yarn. The green yarn is some alpaca sock yarn I got at a booth at the farmers' market in Tehachapi on the way home. We were surprised to see that someone torched the train station in Techachapi last month and they are raising money to rebuild. I think the tragedy was due to fireworks and adult beverages from what I heard from a local fundraiser.

This is going to be a busy weekend with two birthday parties. Today I have to bake a chocolate cake and some rolls and wrap some presents. I may be able to get to the retro knits by Monday.

No comments: