Wednesday, August 15, 2007

New Project/Old Project

Grey sweater is not going along too swiftly, but at least I am working on it now and then. I think the hangup is that I don't have bright big pins to pin in the sleeves so they have to be tacked with yarn. This triggers my procrastination problem. So after I write this, I will get myself over to Joann's and buy some big-headed pins. After that, I will try to finish off the neckband today.


I started a new pair of socks using the Tofutsies yarn. I expected it to be more harsh than it is, it is really soft and nice to work with. It contains wool, cotton, soy, and chitin. I am not sure what color this is, since my yarn band doesn't have the color number on it, but it is very pretty. The yarn is on the thin side, so I am using size 1 needles and 72 stitches. I usually use size 2 and 64 sts or size 3 and 60 sts.
















I spent part of the weekend helping M clean out her room and organize it. She is staying over at my Dad's house while she saves up enough money to get an apartment and pays off college debts. During the big cleanup, lots of things turned up in the clutter, including the much-admired pair of socks from Audrey, the journal lady. I once sent her some Japanese knitting magazines, and she sent the socks as a thank you. It was this pair of excellent socks that got us started making socks. We examined them thoroughly when we got them in the mail, and we were inspired to knit more socks on our own. We are now dozens of pairs down the sock road, so thank you, Audrey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woot! Look, I'm famous! I loved those Japanese knitting magazines!

I have some of that Tofutsies yarn, too! It is on the thin side, and I'm going to have to use a size 0 needle with it (I'm a loose knitter), so I put it aside for now.

Love your Retro Knit posts!

-Audrey