Monday, March 24, 2014

One New Sweater After Another

As a distraction from sewing together the sweaters recently loomed, there has been a lot of crocheting going on around here.  I found the purple Soft Serve sweater that has been about half completed for months and thought about working on it.  I just looked at an old post and discovered that I started crocheting that purple Soft Serve in the fall of 2012, so that poor UFO was older than I thought. In order to refresh my memory of the pattern I decided to use up the leftover yarn from the latest afghan, the mint green color, to make a fast bolero version.  There seemed to be most of a one-pound skein left and surely that would be enough to crochet a bolero-type sweater, right?  Not if you change your mind and crochet a regular cardigan, then have to go buy another skein of yarn, use that up and have to buy another, ending up with just as much leftover yarn as you started with.  Stash busting it was not.  And this sweater weighs over two pounds.


In spite of the weight, it is a very cozy and comfortable cardigan and will be great for the cold winter mornings.  I used backwards crochet to finish off the border edges.

Even though it took longer than I thought it would, this did make me work on the purple version, and I managed to finish that off this morning but haven't taken any pictures of it yet.  The purple version has ties instead of buttons.

No comments: