Monday, October 21, 2013

Sock Knitting Again


I like to try different sock yarns, so this time I was using some Kroy that was in the stash.  I was a little alarmed when I read that the yardage was only 166 yards for each ball of yarn since I thought that around 400 yards was needed to make two socks.  This was a very stressful sock knit because it looked like there would not be enough yarn.  I barely had enough yarn, and there is not that extra little bit left to do any major mending needed in the future, so I think I will stick with other brands from now on.  My daughter is rather petite with a small foot, so I don't think you could have enough yarn to make a man's sock at all without using more than one skein per sock and having to weave in ends in the body of the sock.  It also seemed like the yarn in one of the skeins was thicker than the yarn in the second skein.  Anyway, I did manage to get two nice socks out of it:

Here's all the yarn I had left from the second sock with a dime beside it for reference:
It's finally getting cooler now, at least in the mornings and evenings though the days can climb to the 90's.  Time to start finishing up my sweaters and making new ones.

No comments: