Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July Knitting

If the temperature hadn't spiked to 111 degrees for two days and stayed in the 90's until now, there would be a lot more knitting going on.  As it is, my projects are languishing until the temperature goes down.  In the meantime, all the fruit ripened and had to be put up (and the extras taken to the Food Bank), and the first batches of pesto were made and frozen.  My basil crop is fabulous this year, so lush and plentiful.  I buy souffle cups from the restaurant supply store, little 2 oz. plastic cups with lids in size P325, and freeze the pesto in them.  So far I have made over 75 cups full, and it's only July.  I like to supply my daughters with enough pesto for their freezers, too.

There are several sweaters in the works.  A lovely yellow cardigan just needs assembly:
There are only two more rows to add to the afghan:
The ribbings are hand knit for a purple pullover, and the first one is hung on the machine:
 I want to try something I've never done before with this pullover.  I am going to add lace panels up the center front and have them curve along the V-neck with the decreases on the outside of the panel.
There's also a new cardigan draft to test out in red yarn for my daughter, and some teal ribbings being knit.  All the unassembled sweaters shown in my last post have been sewn together and just need their buttons sewn on.  It's too hot to have a lap full of sweater though, so that will have to wait.

Today will not involve any knitting since the 4th of July is tomorrow and we are celebrating my daughter's birthday, too.  I have some macaroni salad to make today and some cucumbers to marinate.


No comments: