Friday, February 8, 2013

Yoke Knitting

There are only a few pattern rows left to knit on the yoke of my first round-yoke sweater.  There was definitely a learning curve in the tension and yarn-holding department.  I had to figure out how to hold two yarns at once, one in each hand and make it work for me without falling into the trap of too tight tension.  One of the only other times I tried to knit a fair isle sweater, I held the yarns too tightly and the knitting was not smooth on the front side.  I still don't know if the first draft of this sweater will work out, but it is looking pretty good so far.  There was one try on with all the stitches moved to a long string, and it looked like I am right on track.  Since my gauge for the color knitting is a little bigger than the stockinette, I wondered if my yoke depth was going to work out since I forgot to figure in the neck ribbing, but I think everything is OK.  There is still one more decrease row to do after this pattern section.

Last week I saw several greeting cards on my cookbook shelf and decided to look through them.  I found a nice gift card to JoAnns that I had forgotten about.  I should really look through my greeting cards more often since this is not the first time I have forgotten a gift card.  I spent the gift card on, what else, more yarn.

No comments: