Monday, February 21, 2011

Stitches West II

These pictures were taken without a flash, so there was plenty of light in the massively huge convention hall. I found a new book by Marion Foale, and the designs were so nice that I remembered that I have her original book from about 25 years ago. She designs classic garments with lots of textural interest. Look at this beautiful jacket which is included in the book (Ali MacGraw was about 4 feet to the right of this jacket so you can imagine her sitting there, if you wish):

When did a skein of sock yarn begin to cost $25?? I had to content myself with taking pictures of the gorgeous colors. I realized that I have to buy a better rolling carrier for the lunch and purchases, so, since the husband needs one for carrying office files to meetings, we will have to go shopping for one. The one I usually use is a little awkward and tends to trip up other people.

Naturally, it started to pour rain as soon as we left the convention center, so we had a rainy drive home.

No comments: