Saturday, March 27, 2010

Weave-It


I have been practicing with the Weave-It Loom using the Poems Socks yarn I got at Stitches. This particular yarn has large color repeats which make it perfect for using on the little loom. The color repeats seem to be the perfect size so that each square comes out a different color, yet they all blend together nicely. As a first project I am making a scarf. I expect this yarn to felt up a little so I am going to make the scarf four squares across and as long as necessary, yarn permitting. I only have one ball of yarn so it will be interesting to see how many squares it will make. Each square doesn't really seem to take much yarn to complete.

2 comments:

Lisa G. said...

That is so sweet, it is going to look amazing! I have never seen a weave-it before! I would love to try it - a thrifting I shall go! By the way, I totally share your love of vintage needles and their colors. I have some extra vintage circular needles in baby pink and baby blue if you are interested! I would love to share with a fellow knitter so email me at lisa_greenburg@yahoo.com.
Happy weaving!
Lisa

Allison said...

hey your blog is realy really awesome. I love all of your colourful knits especially.

Allison.