Friday, March 5, 2010

Back Handknitting Finished

The pattern portion on the back is finished and taken off the needles onto a length of yarn. Now I need to hang it onto the machine and finish up the stockinette portion, but first I will knit the pattern portions of the fronts and sleeves.

In the meantime, the neighbor has acquired two humongous new dogs (maybe a new roommate with dogs?) who are scary at best. They are excitable and leap up into the air trying to get over the fence to gnaw my bones. Since this is about 5 feet from where I stand to hang the clothes on the line, it is annoying. My dad advised me to have a hose on hand to squirt the dog, especially that huge Rottweiler, as it tries to clamber over the fence. I tried it this morning, and it worked like a charm. The dogs are more wary and respectful. I will have to keep this up for awhile to train them, but I think things will work out. Here he is, watching me from a safe distance:

No comments: