Saturday, October 24, 2009

Knitting Room Under Siege

Next week and the week afterward, the contruction guys will be replacing the windows in the living room and in the sewing/knitting room. I will be glad when it is done, but I do hate having to empty out a room and then put everything back again. If you could see the sewing room, you would understand. I will have to fortify myself with sock yarn so that I do not run out while everything is in storage. Oh wait, if I run out, I'll be forced to buy some more!

In new product news, I ran across a new type of crochet thread, Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Crochet Thread. It felt nice and soft, and since I was going to use it for a lacy trim around a neckline where softness would be a plus, I decided to give it a try. I found it nice to work with and it performed well:
This is a top I made for my younger daughter so that I could practice free-motion machine embroidery. Only time will tell whether or not the bamboo thread wears well.

1 comment:

Oozaroo said...

I love the top! Love it!