Monday, June 1, 2009

Red Heart Sock

We went to the Peninsula on Saturday and bought some sock yarn, so I am trying to finish up the socks I am working on so that I can start some new ones. This is my first sock using the new Red Heart Heart & Sole sock yarn, and so far I really like it. This sock is knitting up much prettier than I expected. Doesn't look like I have done much more on this sock since the last time I photographed it.

Of the three or four yarn stores we visited on Saturday, we liked Cottage Yarns the best. It was stuffed full of yarn and the people there were very friendly and helpful. They had some varieties of sock yarn that I haven't seen in other shops, and all in all, well worth the drive. It's in South San Francisco at 607 W. Orange Ave. and was very easy to find. Since it isn't too far from where my younger daughter lives, I know we will be sure to go back there.


The only knitting related activity that I have accomplished today is to find various bags of yarn, especially sock yarn, that were in odd places, sort the yarn out and put it away in the proper bins.

No comments: