Monday, November 24, 2008

Another Needle Holder

Here's my old needle holder, crocheted from scrap yarn and holding a few sock needles with sewing needles and pins all over the outer surface. I like it, but I just needed one that was bigger and less likely to result in injury to myself and with less snagging on everything in the knitting bag. Today I hunted in the sewing room for decorator fabric scraps and an extra leftover gauge swatch.

Here's the finished project. It opens like a book and has a velcro'd flap at the top so that needles won't fall out. There is velcro on the lower corner and an attached elastic strap to keep it closed.

Inside view: On the right are the pockets for needles, crochet hooks and scissors, and on the left is a black surface of knitting (stockinette stitch knitting swatch). I keep all my yarn needles, safety pins for row counting, my cable needle and a few pins stuck through the knitting.

Here's the opened outside view showing the attached elastic strap for holding the 'book' closed.


Now I feel like I accomplished something today. Cost to make: absolutely nothing.

No comments: