Friday, December 14, 2012

Pink Sweater Jacket


This is not the first sweater I made when my computer was kaput, but my camera charge was used up so this is the only picture I have until later.  This is designed as a sort of boxy jacket with garter eyelet bands.  I was just experimenting with some extra yarn, but ended up really liking the sweater.

This is made from Red Heart SuperSaver and cost about $8 to make including the buttons.  It can go right in the washer and dryer and is nice and soft.  I have been making all my sweaters with 3/4-length sleeves lately because that length is very practical for a hard-working person who bakes, gardens, and deals with household messiness.  I think I would like to make this shape again in a more businesslike color like navy or chocolate brown.

After I had made 7 cardigans, I got tired of making the buttonholes and sewing on buttons, so I redrafted my pattern, added a little extra room usually supplied by the button bands, made it more shaped at the waist, and turned it into a pullover.  My daughter is always telling me to make my sweaters closer fitting, so I gave it a try.  I tried on the first pullover yesterday and was surprised at how good it looked.  I did get an 'I told you so' from the daughter, but when you're right, you're right.

Now I am going to go charge up the camera.

No comments: