Thursday, December 13, 2007

Almost Done With Christmas Sewing


And when my Christmas Sewing is done, it will be back to the knitting machine. In the meantime, I may as well show a picture of my Royal Jumbo Yarn Winder which I got at Stitches last year. I just love this thing. I chose this one over the wooden one at another booth because it is similar to the little ones I had for the knitting machine, and it doesn't have any belt mechanism that might need adjustment. It works like a charm and makes lovely big yarn cakes almost as big as my head.

I approach Stitches with a different plan from most people at the market in that I never buy yarn, unless I am buying sock yarn for my daughter. I go to look for books and notions. I save up my spending money months in advance and allow myself one big purchase like this winder, a computer program, or an instructional video. Now that M is back living in California, we go together, sometimes with my sisters. Stitches used to be held in Oakland, but now they are holding it down in Santa Clara near San Jose.

Now I have to head back to the sewing machine.

No comments: