Wednesday, August 15, 2018

On A Roll

After sewing and sewing for a long time, I finally went to the knitting machine and got it ready to get back to business.  In two weeks I knitted up 4 sweaters whose ribbings have been waiting in the knitting basket for, in some cases, years.  Here's the holder full of the sweater parts:


This session every sweater I knit is a raglan.  In the holder are a pale plum empire cardigan, a royal blue eyelet/garter bordered cardigan, and a variegated plain cardigan.  All of these sweaters have 3/4-length sleeves and all the patterns were self drafted.

I have been sewing together the latest knit which is all finished except for sewing on the buttons.

 I like variegated yarns and this one was one of the prettiest I have ever seen.  It's been a long time since I put together a sweater so I had to remember all my little tricks and methods.  This time I made sure to write down everything I did, like how many rows are in the bands and the spacing of stitches to pick up the bands, etc., so I won't have to reinvent the wheel next time.

There are at least 7 more sets of ribbings ready to be knit into sweaters, so I have lots of pleasant knitting ahead of me.  In addition, lots of ideas for pullovers and tunics are percolating so I may be drafting up new patterns soon.

No comments: